Thread: Glenview
View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I played Glenview a week or so ago and thought the greens were overall...in very good shape.

Quite a bit slower than most middle to upper tier courses elsewhere...but about average for TV courses.

Played Belle Glade recently and was disappointed that they are not making a final cut around the green next to the collar...so lots of 'fur strips' on the edges of the actual green.

The pro shop said they had others complaining also and that maintenance told them that..."they were trying to grow out the collars."

Made absolutely no sense to me, given that they could still instruct the greens mowers to make a last mowing pass around the green...just keep about 6 inches from the existing collar edge and the collar will grow out just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
The reason they do that periodically is just what you were told. When mowing a green the mower crosses the green edge to edge. If they run around the edge as you desire every time they mow, the edge of the green is subjected to the weight of the mower twice as much and eventually the grass suffers. So, they omit that last circuit around the edge on occasion.
No sense to sense?