View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
There are several decent courses not that far from the Villages. The conditions vary as does the price but most are worth playing once in a while. Base Line, Lake Miona, Harbor Hills, Deer Island, Juliette Falls, Mission Hills, are all ones I have tried. I am sure there are lots more.
I've played Baseline and it's very nice. It's very green, but the grass everywhere on the course is left pretty high. Flier lies from the fairways, but that understandable as most higher handicap players would love that. The greens were smooth but pretty slow.

I also played The Lakes of Lady Lake which might be the worst conditioned golf course I've ever played in my life. I understand that they are in bankruptcy however and again the price is low but actually too high for that place.

Which of the courses that you've played are in the best condition?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.