Thread: Pros teaching
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
No player under the age of 12 can play golf here unless they have been evaluated by a pro. It’s the rules. She has played since age 6 at our country club. But in TV you must be approved as to not slow play, make sure they know the rules, and most importantly respect of the game. And try not to smile too big when you out drive the old guys you get paired with, that just had a fit some kid much less a little girl is allowed to play, and yes that happens here. Some treat her with respect others not so much, but she thinks of them as a learning experience of keeping good manners and respect of elders. She believes that someday she will be doing their hip replacement, so you need to have compassion even they may not respect you as a young girl.
Wow--she thinks a lot. I don't think I know anyone who would be unkind to a 10 year old.

I coached high school golf. It would be wonderful to golf with children who enjoy the game.

I have officiated many tournaments over 30+years. Most high school don't have a girls team so the girls compete with the boys. There usually was 2 girls and 98 boys in end of season tournaments. You play your best players. The colleges give scholarships to boys and girls. They usually won't consider a boy who doesn't shoot par. But a girl does not have nearly as much competition.

Last edited by tomwed; 07-03-2018 at 08:03 PM.