Thread: Pros teaching
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Wow--she thinks a lot. I don't think I know anyone who would be unkind to a 10 year old.

I coached high school golf. It would be wonderful to golf with children who enjoy the game.

I have officiated many tournaments over 30+years. Most high school don't have a girls team so the girls compete with the boys. There usually was 2 girls and 98 boys in end of season tournaments. You play your best players. The colleges give scholarships to boys and girls. They usually won't consider a boy who doesn't shoot par. But a girl does not have nearly as much competition.
First year premed in the books at 17. She had 9 academic full rides to pick from. Female orthopods are few and far between. Some feel the do not have strength to do totals.
She has been reading films since age 4, diagnosed her fractured wrist in two places at age 5, that was missed by the ED doctor, and confirmed by the orthodontist who casted her. She was 5 when she asked for her first Greys.

Golf is something she does for fun, and really thinks of it as networking. She is always thinking how can she improve people’s lives.