Thread: Computer HELP
View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

AGAIN and AGAIN people think Microsoft is the only computer system to use. Their marketing over the past 40 years have most people convinced that it is the best for everyone.

NOT SO!

IF - all you do is surf the web, pay bills, use Facebook, have a few Excel spreadsheets and Word documents - then all you REALLY need is a Chromebook!

But, you say, I already use the chrome browser. It's not a browser problem, it's an operating system problem. Microsoft has forced you to use anti-virus, anti-malware, backup software (multiple copies) and the list goes on and on.

A Chromebook does NOT get viruses, malware is easily defeated (but very rare) you have local copies of any files if you want, but everything is backed up online.

If your Microsoft laptop dies, you have to reload all your programs and restore all your files - good luck with that!

If you Chromebook dies (or you just want a new one) all you have to do is --- ready for this? --- SIGN IN TO A NEW ONE! Everything you had on your old Chromebook comes right back!

If your the kind of person that can maintain your PC by yourself (and I am, but use a Chromebook 99.9% of the time) then maybe you should keep you Microsoft PC. Or, if you use someone that downloaded some specialized program that only runs on a M/S PC then you need your M/S PC. I have Quicken on a PC, but only use the PC about once a month (or less).

There will be a short talk on the Chromebook Monday, July 16th at 1PM at Eisenhower and I'll have a table (workshop) at Eisenhower on July 23rd at 1PM for anyone that have questions on the Chromebook.

I don't sell anything, I am not a consultant, but I will help anyone that needs it with the chromebook at no charge.