Thread: Truman
View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
I also enjoy trumen. I find the 8th hole, over the water in between the trees, staying clear of the bunkers as you try your best to land on the very slanted green I think its the most challenging.
The most difficult thing about that hole is club selection. The first time I played it, I hit the very front of the green and the ball spun back and was a few feet from the water. Yesterday, I foolishly didn't use my range finder. I hit an eight iron and ended up on the very back of that green with a front pin placement. It's a good thing that the green was slow. I putted it down to about a foot. Had the green been fast I might have been in the water. The sad thing is that I hit maybe my best shot of the nine holes. I thought it was going in. Nine iron would have been perfect.

I did notice however that the allowed the grass on that slope to grow up a bit. Good idea on the part of the Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.