View Single Post

Old 07-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,519 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I think TomC was trying to help as have others but you’re not hearing what you want to hear. You sound exasperated rather than grateful with posters who are just trying to help you.

From your posts, you seem very nervous about sinkholes. That’s ok. I don’t think a Lifestyle visit will erase your fears. I truly think the best advice for you is to look to retire somewhere other than Central Florida. Why put yourself through all this stress? I hope you find peace with your final decision. Namaste.
That was my first post. This is my second post. It's also the first time I've even visited this website since the first time I posted.

Meanwhile, I've seen people tell me not to move to the Villages because they think I'm stressed out about sinkholes. And one claiming that since no one can predict weather problems anywhere, I shouldn't be concerned about this. Pro-tip - sinkholes aren't a weather condition.

I've scheduled my lifestyle visit and will continue watching and reading the news to see if there are any new collapses. Til then, I've already figured out which parts we should avoid trying to buy in, because they are the -most likely- to see more collapse, compared with the rest of TV. Does that mean I think if I move there my home will be swallowed? Nope. Does it mean I think if I watch the patterns I can reduce my risk? Yup.