Thread: Pros teaching
View Single Post

Old 07-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsenholzi View Post
What is wrong with the pros that are teaching women to play in the villages? I played with beginners this past week and they were teeing the ball up in the middle of the fairway. When I asked what they were doing they told me their instructor told them if it made the game more fun and was easier they should do it. I thought they made a mistake in what they said but spoke to another person who told them their instructor told them the same thing. Come on, be real instructors out there. Teach women to play by the rules , not what feels good. It is embarrassing to be treated to different rules because it “feels good”. They will never learn this way and it holds up the game! Women are capable of playing the right way!
A great big "Thank You" to all the instructors that tell beginners that the need not follow all the rules as they see on TV. Tee it in the fairway. Throw it out of the sand. Kick it out of the long grass. drop out of the hazard closer to the hole of you like. Bump the ball to make a good lie. Pick up after double-bogie. All great stuff.