View Single Post

Old 07-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The "F" disc or similarly higher labeled drives are normally a recovery volume created on the physical drive by the system manufacturer creates that some software updates will attempt to use, the W10 upgrade is famous for doing this and can cause problems. Do a cleanup of the drive like I mentioned in my previous post to clean up some of this.

Below is a screen shot from one of my computers that shows the drives (yes I'm a computer geek) where you'll see the second and ninth drives don't have letter assigned and are labeled as EFI System and OEM partitions, these sometimes are assigned drive letters and will be the source of the problem because of the size and free space available.
@Goldwingnut
Now that's what I consider an answer! (one post above.)
CCleaner will do the majority of what you suggest and also remove internet cache directories.

Most users are not aware of the other 'drives', by default Windows does not show Hidden or System folders, or hidden partitions. I see you have turned the view option on. Windows should not be using those hidden drives, areas for temporary storage updates.

Your cleaning suggestion post should be a sticky here. I've seen sooooo many requests for help that would be fixed by following your suggestions.

(PC repair 25 years)