Thread: Senior orphans
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2018, 06:25 AM
Default Senior Orphans

I have a great friend in Ohio who is an attorney. He had been durable power of attorney for medical and financial numerous times for his Senior Orphan clients. So I do think a blanket statement that an attorney won’t do it might be too broad. Mary Trotter is an excellent Elder Law attorney. She might be one person to talk to. You need someone with deep ties to the community who will be here when the time comes. There is another attorney who I would STRONGLY advise against using,but it is probably no appropriate to name names here.
I can think of three friends who are in your same position. I’m not sure how the best way is to form a group and find each other, but the need is real. I would suggest talking to the people at Recreation News.. They will put an annnnouncemnt in the paper periodically, to see if there is enough responses to form a group. Then they will assign you a free room at a Rec Center for monthly meetings. I think a lot of Senior Orphans are attracted to The Villages. I can think of four myself. If you get the ball rolling you will have a strong network. 😉 Good Luck