Thread: Senior orphans
View Single Post

Old 07-16-2018, 08:38 AM

I am alone with out spouse, children or siblings.

Those saying "join an existing club" don't know what it is like to be alone. People in clubs are not going to help you with the worries a family member would. You need help if you are seriously ill, you need a power of attorney, you need a medical POA, etc.

You need to be checked on because its likely you will die and sit for weeks in your house.

I've been hear a year. I have found friendly people but no one who formed a friendship that involved regularly calling me outside of club time - maybe occasionally but not regularly. People are not *that* friendly.

Before replying in this thread: If you have family to help you in life, try to imagine, in detail, what your life would be like with absolutely no family. What does family do for you? What would you do if you had no one to do those things? Do you really think a friend would do *everything* for you that family does? I think there are very few friends like that, and they certainly are not commonly made by older people coming alone to a new area. So the suggestion is that such people support each other. That's what this post is about.