View Single Post

Old 07-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Default Some thoughts

[QUOTE=bigallis1;1562097]Been doing alot of research lately on venting hot air out of my garage. Have already added insulation to garage door and ceiling. Also just installed adjustable vents on bottom of overhead door.
Been researching the quiet cool and the G-14 garage ceiling fans.
The Quiet cool has a better warranty.
Has anyone here installed one of these units or knows of someone who has?

Would like to know if there is a noticeable difference in temperature reduction?

Thank's in advance!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Garage door vents-my experience selling fans to cool and get rid of odors in photographic darkrooms. Installing a vent in your garage is like sucking air out of a coke bottle.
Air needs to get in AND GET OUT to have a flow. IF, you have a window in your garage and your garage is hotter than the outside,a window fan, inexpensive to buy and to run will get you the airflow that you seek. Beware of not creating a situation where you will be fanning any potential
fire-TURN IT ON AND OFF ONLY WHEN YOU ARE USING THE GARAGE FOR YOUR????? HOBBY OR.

Hot air rises cold air falls. Insulation slows the flow of heat in both directions. Insulating your garage floor will slow heat from your garage entering your home. If, it blocks any heat from your garage it will block attic heat to a limited degree. Heat does flow to a cooler area but it also flows up so the cooling effect in your garage is ????????

You did not say what you wish to use your garage for.
You may need to be concerned with possible explosions.
Personal experience-not here. I used to regularly talk to a neighbor who was restoring a gorgeous antique Jaguar about 1950ish. He like many of us put in a SELF DESIGNED heating system. Long story short-he blew up his garage and part of his home. HE WAS FOUND DEAD UNDER THE NOW DESTROYED FORMERLY GORGEOUS ANTIQUE JAG.