View Single Post

Old 07-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanormalgirl View Post
I have a question for those of you who are in TV part time. We are still looking at TV (taking longer than we planned ) but can't decide if we want to buy or rent.

If you had it to do again would you go to the expense and responsibility of a purchase or just rent for a few months of the year?
We are going through that discussion now. (We had a home in TV for 6 years and sold it.) I was put in touch with a fantastic rental in an area I like, and has a pool. Will take our dog. I'm really torn. Mostly we bought because we had rented (not in TV) in Florida areas and found that the places that took dogs were rattier and rattier. I wanted a place of my own that was in good condition, and we would not have to worry about who takes dogs and who doesn't. I may not always have a husband, but I WILL always have a pet! This rental place is really nice, and I have friends in the area, so fitting into the neighborhood is not an issue.

At the end of it all, the house payment for the year if we bought is not all that much more than the rental payment for the nice place with the pool for three months, which is about how long we will be staying in TV now.

I still don't know what to do.