Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2018, 05:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrdr View Post
I hear a lot of talk about "Don't Buy Annuities". I agree that not all annuities are the same and everyone is different. But my experience is just the opposite. In 2005 I bought 4 large annuities. For 3 years they grew as did the market. When the market crashed my friends with stocks, Mutual Funds lost 50% of their net worth. My annuities switched automatically from a market based to a fixed rate. In the ensuing years as everyone lost a ton of money, my annuities rose at a steady 7% in the worst economy since The Great Depression. I never lost a penny and made a lot of money with never a worry. Annuities are the reason I am here now living the good life.
Yes, stocks lost 50% in 2008. But have since recovered by 180%. By maintaining a correct asset allocation between stocks and bonds, in 2008 my portfolio went down 24%, not 50%. And over the past 30 years I have had 8.3% average return with significantly lower risk then any annuity. And you only lost money in 2008 if you sold your stocks. If you didn't sell, you lost zero.