View Single Post

Old 07-19-2018, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
1st question .. do you really need a Windows PC? If you need a program that only runs on Windows, then ... maybe.
2nd question .. are you tired of dealing with Windows updates and downloads and getting updates for the "addon" programs?

Answer .. Chromebook .. never gets a virus, so you don't need anti virus programs, or malware, updates are done in the background. All files are saved to the cloud, so you never have to worry about losing your files. There are thousands of apps that may do everything you do on a Windows PC.

Google "Chromebooks" and check it out. It's not a "toy" used only by school kids, it does real work and is being used by many businesses.
Ditto to all of the above. I worked as a Windows Admin for many years, when I retired I left the Windows World went to Mac(s) but added a Chromebook an Asus for $200. It's a very impressive machine. The model I bought looks very much like a MacBook Air but at a fraction of the price.

In the unlikely event your Chromebook has an issue you can simply do a PowerWash ( built into the Chromebook ) and that will solve any problem because it restores the computer to the original out of the box condition. The speed of the Chromebook is also great, it will boot up in less than 15 seconds. Try that will a Windoze machine.