View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Oh awesome THANK YOU! This isn't very intuitive, I didn't even know about thevillages(dot) net! I've been looking on thevillages (dot) com for home listings, so we could narrow down our options when we come to visit in September!

I know those aren't the only listings, non-villages websites have listings as well and of course there are lots of "for sale by owner" listings. But the main commercial website gives us a good idea of where to start. I'm thinking Marion county/Spanish Springs area, but NOT a manufactured home. It looks like TV Inc has torn down a couple of the trailers and built site-built homes on the properties. The prices for those are *probably* out of our reach but we're not ruling them out. Paid bonds, looser restrictions. I'm all about not having painted wooden ladies bent over staked to the front yard, but I'd like to have just a tad of liberty regarding plants, and maybe even solar panels (I'll have to check and see if it's allowed, but in a state that's got SO much direct and indirect sunlight for most of the year, I can't imagine why anyone would NOT want solar energy at least boosting their existing power supply, if not replacing it entirely). Hurricane cut the power to the neighborhood? No problem. Just switch to your solar power, and your air conditioning and refrigerator are up and working fine again.