View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

In seven years I had only seen one time a car exit at the first exit from the left lane of a traffic circle. Yesterday I saw it twice right in front of me. First time I'm on Stillwater eastbound in the left lane getting ready to enter the roundabout at Morse to go north across the bridge. There is a car in front of me and one to the right of me, as I move ahead both cars in front of me exit at the first exit, unbelievable.

Later yesteray I'm on El Camino Real northbound and come to the roundabout at Buena Vista in front The Savannah Center. Again there are two cars, one in the left lane and one in the right lane just ahead of me in the right lane, since I plan to go north on BV. Again, both cars in front of me exit at the first exit northbound on BV, had I been going straight I would of T-boned the car in the left lane or if the car in front of me had been going straight, either one of us would of hit that car in the left lane.

If this wasn't enough, at the Morse roundabout, the really busy one just before 441, I see something I will probably never see again. I'm entering from Paige Place using the right lane to go halfway to El Camino Real. Two cars are in front of me in the outside lane, and the first car comes to a complete stop in the traffic circle. After a couple of seconds the car begins to move and then a car that is to my left in the inside lane which has no one in front of them, speeds around and turns right at the El Camino exit about 5' in front of me. All this happens because this uniformed driver stops in the circle and throws eveything out of sync. The guy on the inside lane probably thought he was totally in the right, but should of seen there was a car stopped and to have used caution in his exit, which he didn't display.