View Single Post

Old 07-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

I'm looking at the PDF file. At the very first graphic, that says "CAUTION" on the upper right of the graphic, and reminding you not to use the right-hand lane to make a left turn through the roundabout. That's all well and good. But let's call these things what they are, because the whole left and right designation is confusing. There's a north/south/east/west exit. There's an INNER lane, and there's an OUTER lane, and there are ENTRIES, and there are EXITS. So. Using that graphic. I'm coming from the south, heading north. I'm enter via the inner lane, just like it shows in the graphic.

The person coming in from the EASTERN lane, is heading west. He's coming in via the OUTER lane. I enter the circle shortly before he does; but I'm not yet in clear view of him, because I haven't rounded the circle toward the eastern exit yet. We both get to the spot that's right there on the graphic where the two cars collide. Each of us is going "across" the circle; one from south to north, one from east to west. We are each allowed to use our choice of inner or outer lane, according to this graphic. Who has the right of way and who gets stuck paying who's hospital bill?

That's really what I want to know.