View Single Post

Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,456 Times in 3,087 Posts

The 6520 was discontinued in 2015. It was known to have problems with the black ink not printing. It doesn't use photo black, just the 3 individual colors plus black.

If you liked the PhotoSmart series, you could go with one of the newer HP Envy Photo all-in-one printers. The lower-volume ones are under $100 and are HP Instant Ink compatible. If you print 50 pages per month or less, you could get an InstantInk plan that costs only $2.99/month, and the ink is delivered to you before you need it, and you don't have to order it. I have the HPEnvy 6255 with the 50PPM plan. My printer is noisy but the color output is fabulous, and having instant ink means I'm only paying $36 per YEAR for ink, since I'm low-volume. If you print between 51 pages and 100 pages per month, it'd be $4.99 per month. So that'd be around $60 per year. You don't get the cartridges monthly. You get it based on when your printer is starting to run low on ink. It's all done wirelessly so your printer would need to be hooked up to the internet, or to your internet computer.

Staples has the 7155 on sale at $89.99.