View Single Post

Old 07-23-2018, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Every year I ran 9 hole a teacher's golf tournament. It was not serious. Some players only played this one time a year. I discovered and used the "woof" handicapped system. A high handicapper would get to yell 5 woofs. A low handicapper 1. Participants could yell woof anytime they wanted, in you backswing, at impact, putting. The strange thing is that when you expect someone to yell woof and they don't it screws up your shot just as often. It was a fun loving group, lot's of beer, lot's of laughs.
If it's a male only tournament, allowing two "gotcha's"...can also make things pretty interesting.

As for the fans yelling...yes it does get old.

As much as disliking the fan yelling in Tiger's backswing, I was ticked off watching the lady with the kid fussing in the stroller, right behind the player (forgot which one)..and wondered why she wasn't forced to move.

On the flip side and as a counter-argument, sometimes golfer's take the whole 'nothing but absolute silence' thing...too far.

In basketball, fans are allowed to yell/wave/disrupt free throw tries...which just makes the athlete have to concentrate even more.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 07-23-2018 at 11:59 AM.