View Single Post

Old 07-24-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Do a search on this website for softball leagues and you'll find this topic has been discussed many times and just recently as well.
Thanks, yes, I am familiar with all of the other things you have pointed out and have shared all of that info with my neighbor. I've been to the Sunday morning "practices" myself. The only thing I was curious about was what I read in the rec news. It may, ultimately, turn out to just be a practice session, which is fine. But the announcement in the rec news states that it starts with BP from 2 to 2:30 and is then "open play" at 2:30. It says open to all interested men and there is no commitment but it was not clear on whether or not completion of evaluations is required. I assume it's not required but didn't want to assume.

Bottom line, if you want to play in the organized leagues, 3 evaluations within 6 months and a resulting level rating is a pre-requisite. But if one just shows up for the first evaluation session, you'll be given all of the other information you need to go from there.