View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
A lot would depend on the reason(s) why you are uncertain.
The Cold in New York

Most people have misgivings about making a major move across the country. It really is pioneering in a REAL sense. Do you have trouble with major change or find yourself worrying about things? Do you find that the glass is half full or half empty? Most people do worry about moving so far from the familiar.

I thought that the commonality of our age would be more important than other differences but that did not turn out to be true. I have learned a lot about cultural geographic characteristics and customs. We haven't had the same backgrounds and there is an immense difference in how we deal with each other. I found that took some getting used to.

It is a friendly place, but the truth is it takes years to make the kind of friends we left behind. We have a lot of pleasant people to do things with but only a few we feel would be there in a dire situation.

I would do it again, and I think this is a wonderful place to live, but sometimes I long for the old, long time friends left in Ohio who didn't honk at stop lights.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-30-2018 at 01:16 PM.