View Single Post

Old 07-30-2018, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
First check your deed restrictions at districtgov.org link for you specific unit. In the dozen or so I've ready there were no specific restrictions on parking a GC on your lanai, but each unit is slightly different. There are only a few street side parking restrictions - RVs and truck 3/4 ton or larger.

There are no HOA restrictions in The Villages as there is no HOA with any authority (thank goodness!) over any property or resident. The Community Standards department deals with issues that would traditionally be HOA compliance issues. For better or worse, depending on your position on the issue, all Community Standards enforcement issues are complain driven. There are no deed compliance police only neighborhood trolls and busybodies with too much time on their hand sticking their nose where they don't belong.
If no one else checks to make sure we comply with the restrictions, then yes it is our business to stick our noses where they belong...their neighborhoods. We may own our properties but we do not own the neighborhoods and the streets. So, no, I would not want to live next door to a neighbor who decides to paint the exterior of his house chartreuse green, shocking pink, black (yes I saw it somewhere, and it had shocking pink trim and shutters), or royal blue. If you don't care how your neighbors feel, move to the country where the rednecks live, and you will live happily forever after.