View Single Post

Old 08-06-2018, 01:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
Yes, here we have a very differnet definition of hot and cold than at The Villages. We open all the windows when it gets above 32F. We have flannel sheets, but where we live now, we only use them in December and January. Otherwise we use a cooler polyester sheet set.

I also know that our definition will change with time at The Villages.

I am asking if those who live there, do you use only Poly sheets or do you use cotton with the AC?

In our winters, we set the heat to 64 to 68. We do not have AC.
We use cotton/percale sheets. They are very crisp. I like the ones from a company whose name has just flown out of my mind, but I will dig around in my memory if you are interested.

I can't stand any kind of smooth (pima cotton or silk or anything like that) sheet as it makes me hot. These sheets are inexpensive, crisp, stay cool, and I do not use any fabric softener on them.

Now what the heck is the name of that company. It's online. OH... The Company Store. Their next-to-cheapest cotton percale, 300 thread count. Plus they are sold separately, so you don't have to buy a whole set. I buy king size, but we use standard-size pillows, so I'm not wasting money on king-size pillowcases.

If you are used to Alaska weather, you might be hot while sleeping in TV in the summer even with a/c on & fan running.

Last edited by CFrance; 08-06-2018 at 02:15 AM.