Thread: Fresh Market
View Single Post

Old 08-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
That's so you won't see the rotting fruit. (KIDDING)

My husband says their meat is exceptional, especially their pork tenderloins. They have Chilean sea bass (not sure if that is sustainably caught) that is excellent. They have cheese variety the likes of which are hard to find elsewhere. They have a paté my husband likes. I like their heirloom tomatoes, I LOVE their malted milk balls and the fact that you can buy jelly beans by the single flavor. Their cracker selection is unique, one of their yogurts (has ginger in it) can't be found anywhere else, and their frozen foods section has some pizzas and other items that are different and quite good.

They have a really wide selection of chocolate bars. That's just a start. I like their baguettes better than anyone else's, I like when they have a dozen rozes for $10, their baked goods--cookies and cakes--are unique, and, and, and...

I don't like to shop in a store that's lit up like a cafeteria. I like the lower lighting. But I think the lighting at Publix and Winn-Dixie are fine too, and not too bright.

They sometimes have adult spinach, which you can't get anywhere anymore except in the farmers markets and then only if you get there early. They have loose mushrooms.

They have wild caught shrimp and Key West pinks.

Fresh Market is an add-on for me. I don't go there for everyday goods like paper towels (don't have) or dish soap (do have).

But I'm not slamming Publix or Winn-Dixie. Overall, the grocery store experience is the US is second to none. Shopping in a large supermarket in Europe is like walking into a gymnasium past due for aeration. With klieg lights.
VERY HELPFUL and many thanks.