View Single Post

Old 08-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Sage

I knew someone art work who was friends with the family who started salad works in new jersey. It's now a concession. At the time I remember thinking a restaurant that just sells salads, what a great idea. Why didn't I think of it?
Then I just found this.

Saladworks was founded on October 1, 1986, by John Scardapane, who served as the company’s CEO until 2015.[5] The first Saladworks opened in the Cherry Hill Mall, the success of which inspired the opening of 12 additional locations in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.[3]

Saladworks began franchising in 2001,[3] and by 2007 had 88 locations in eight states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Florida, and Illinois. Today, the franchise operates over 100 restaurant locations in 13 states and has announced plans to expand into new markets in the United States and internationally.

On February 17, 2015, Saladworks filed a Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition and listed Commerce Bank and Metro Bank founder Vernon Hill as a major creditor. The bankruptcy filing said it was looking for an investor.[6] Saladworks was acquired by Centre Lane Partners in June 2015,[7] and promoted Saladworks president Paul Steck to CEO, replacing founder John Scardapane.[8]