View Single Post

Old 08-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Gold member

I do watch it, as Saturday evening TV is really bad, and it's about the only show of interest to me. I enjoy the interaction between the expert hosts, especially "Sticks" Larkin. But I do have a couple of problems with it. It really isn't live, as they cut the soundtrack whenever someone has to provide their names or other identifying items, and they cut away when there is too much violence. But what really bothers me is to see how far away from a "free country" we've come. Remember when we were shocked to see movies that showed Nazi's stopping citizens and saying (strongly) "Give me your papers!"? Well tell me the difference between them and the cops on this show who not only demand ID from drivers, but also demand ID from every passenger in the car. And the reason for the stop is merely a broken tail light in many cases. And even a pedestrian, when stopped by these guys, are expected to have and produce and ID. I know these are mostly lowlifes, and sometimes have an open warrant against them, but if the cops have the right to do this to the lowlifes, with no apparent reasonable cause, they will do it to you and I too. If I were a passenger, I would probably be arrested, as I would refuse to give them my ID, unless they had a legitimate need to know.