View Single Post

Old 08-19-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
LOL. A few years ago I was coming home around 10 pm on a Friday night from seeing a play in downtown Arlington Heights, Illinois (another Chicago suburb) where there are a lot of bars and restaurants. A few blocks from the downtown area, I get pulled over. The officer asks me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said, "Well, I don't think I was speeding." He said "No, you weren't speeding. The light above your rear license plate is not working." I really didn't know there was a light above my rear license plate...stupid me.

Anyway, I received a "warning" ticket and had to return to Arlington Heights police department within 2 weeks to show them I had my rear license plate light replaced. Then the warning ticket was voided. If that was not done that, I was subject to having my car "Denver booted" if parked in Arlington Heights.

My friends who live in Arlington Heights said the police officer was really looking for a DUI since I was leaving an area with a lot of bars and restaurants later on a Friday night.

So watch out for those non-working tail lights and rear license plate lights.
I was in Arlington Heights a couple of weeks ago for their Mane Event. Crazy how that downtown has changed from a non destination to party central.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk