View Single Post

Old 09-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Default Re: What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

Retired last September. For last ten years: Directed accounting, internal controls, cash management in Health Care area. Hired great staff so I didn't have too much to do myself---prep for retiring. Before that: Started from school with Social Security as Authorizer, after two years moved into management and left there after ten years; head of a Credit Union; taught various management courses; argued management cases for various issues: discipline, EEO, etc. Along the way picked up some degrees.

But the most fun and most rewarding was unpaid volunteering, and I can talk about that for hours: school committees, church, little league BB, Indian Guides, worked in a nursing homes;all were great times and with good people. Still do a little, although I also am doing some limited Consulting work.

Spouse is RN with lots of success and responsibilities in the Public Health arena --too many for me to re-count and too many for her to want published. On top of that was the key homemaker for years, doing a terrific job with our sons. And she continues to enjoy volunteering in many venues--'way more than me. Great person to have put up with me for more than 38 years.

Don't want to look back on the items above, but still enjoy the friendships made. Hope that my kids have the same opportunities to enjoy a sense of accomplishment, recognition, and F-U-N during their careers.

Onwards to TV life.