Thread: We did it!
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
Hello, all! Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I have been lurking for a few months, trying to learn as much as possible about TV, as hubby and I pondered our future. We have been happily wintering in the Tampa/Clearwater area for several years. Over time, though, I have tired of the packing and unpacking, and have longed to move south on a full-time basis.

My sister and her husband moved to TV after turning the family business over to "the kids" and they are so happy with their decision. It really got me thinking more and more about the area. I have been looking at homes online and happened to come across a home that seemed perfect for us. (We have somewhat atypical needs that can make house hunting a challenge.)

On Monday my sissy and B-I-L went out with a realtor and toured three homes for us. With the wonder of modern technology we were able to use a video conferencing app to follow along as they walked the properties. The home that I had ranked as #1 on this short list of homes turned out to be "the one". We made an offer, received a counter, and accepted the counter, by the next day.

We are flying down next week to see the place in person. (We have a contingency in place that gives us 15 days to do so.) If all goes well, we will own a home in The Villages by Halloween.

I know you all understand how excited I am at the prospect of living in your beautiful "town" and living near my family, which has not been the case for a very long time. I want to thank all of you who provide so much information to folks like us as we think about making this kind of move. I look forward to meeting many of you in person in the future.

kathy (and Dan)
currently Blue Bell, PA
Having your cake and eating it too. You are blessed.