View Single Post

Old 09-02-2018, 03:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I’ve been wanting one of these for years and still haven’t pulled the trigger. Does yours make espresso and regular coffee? Where did you purchase it and where do you buy the coffee?

There are so many models it’s very confusing.
There are two kinds of pods, one looks similar to a small K cup,( you can get off brands for these models), and the other is a small round dome, pods are not interchangeable.

I have the vertuo Pod that is small dome there are no off brands for this line of machine.

My pods determine what coffee is brewed. There are 4 kinds of espresso, and about 15 different kinds of strength coffees. Pods make 5.5ozs to 12.5, except for the espresso that is 1.5oz. To 2 ozs.

You are correct there are multiple coffee makers, with nespresso name under couple of brands. You first need to decide what pod you want to buy, then what maker.

I went to a sur la table store to try which pod made the better coffee. While the original pod made great coffee, the small dome verrtuo line was even better. But that line of makers without a sale starts at $250 to $700, depending on the bundle you buy.

It’s was a nespresso day with the reps from the company there with every machine made, base models to some with built steam milk. It was the end of the day and were about to pack up and sold me the $450 vertuo maker with steamer and a separate frothier for $165, ( I wanted red, it took the black for the deal). So there are deals to be had on Amazon and in stores that sell them.

Mine is about 2 years old, I only drink one cup a day either French pressed, or nespresso. So cost is not a factor for me. If you drink multiple cups of coffee a day you might want to consider a regular coffee maker, or a K cup.