View Single Post

Old 09-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
I have a Nepresso but don't use it. My husband uses it, though. I just use "the pour over method" Put paper filter in ceramic cone shaped device. Put coffee grounds in it, put this on top of your mug. Pour hot water over the coffee grounds and it drips into the mug. It takes a couple of minutes but well worth the wait. No plastic and you just discard the filter, rinse out the cone. Easy. One time, I ran out of coffee. Used the Nepresso but first put it on the rinse mode. Lots of old coffee grounds came out. It was pretty disgusting. I had to rinse multiple times to get clear water. So if you do have one of the Nepresso or Kerig type machines, they do need to be maintained and cleaned on a regular basis. That is why if I see one at a car dealership or other place of business, I never use them because I don't know how well they are maintained/cleaned. I don't want to be drinking old coffee grounds.
Keurig makes what tastes like instant coffee to me. I do not like instant coffee. I will use a drip machine (not a fan of that either) or use the espresso machine with Illy dark roast and foamed skim milk (my favorite way to have coffee).

Last edited by CFrance; 09-18-2018 at 01:25 AM.