Thread: Nike
View Single Post

Old 09-04-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Disrespect is one sided and angry because it is a negative word. I don’t believe all minority’s are disrespected and I don’t believe race should be a part of this discussion. This discussion should be about how you feel about a few ball players and Nike disrespecting the flag and servicemen.
How can race not be part of the discussion when the issue of racism is the very reason for the protests?

Furthermore, many veterans say that they enlisted in the armed services in order to help protect and defend the Constitutional right of Americans to their freedom of expression, whether or not they agree with the protest.

If you or I don't care for the kneeling, we don't have to watch it, nor do we have to buy Nike products. By the same token, individuals who recognize and/or sympathize with the reason for the protests, should not be vilified or condemned as anti-American. If you believe that only one point of view should be espoused as in totalitarian regimes, it can be argued that your views are unpatriotic, and anti-American.