View Single Post

Old 09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

The longevity of any system is dependant on the brand, how well and often it has been serviced, etc. If you are here full time you could more easily consider waiting until you need to replace it.

However, I personally do not like to be in a position of getting prices, etc, when the A/C company knows I have NO A/C. I would rather do my research, etc and take my time. Like I said before, one typically can get a better price and rebates when the A/C guys are not as busy, like in the fall/winter.

Folks are naive if they think they are going to "get a great deal" when it is 97 degrees out and all the good A/C guys are working 80 hours a week just to keep everyone happy and cool.

Capacitors are about the #1 part that goes bad on any A/C system. Capacitors and Contactors. I keep extra ones at my house just in case, as they are a inexpensive part, usually below $30.00 and an easy part to replace IF you know what you are doing.

Your A/C system is about the most expensive and important system in your home. Good maintenance can keep it running a few years longer than folks who never get theirs serviced.

Frank