Thread: Nike
View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Guess Nike is hanging in there for now... thoughts?

Nike sales surge 31% in days after Colin Kaepernick ad unveiled, analyst says | Business | The Guardian

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I read that and I think it is too early to tell. Maybe a surge of people who want to support the political issue buying products right away. It will take several months before this decision can truly be evaluated as an impact on sales in my opinion. This issue is causing people to react negatively on both sides of the aisle. Polls show that over half of Americans do not like kneeling during the anthem.

Poll reveals NFL ratings fell over national anthem protests | NFL | Sporting News
Nike reputation declines after Colin Kaepernick ad, poll says - Business Insider
nike stock prices - Bing

And then there is this one, which says that "Old angry white guys" are not the demographics of Nike buyers. (My old white guy has several pairs, hmmmm) And I do too.
Kaepernick ads spark boycott calls, but Nike is seen as winning in the end | Reuters

Us old Gantners will replace the Nikes with something else as soon as they wear out. Old habits die hard. Waste not, want not.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-09-2018 at 06:37 AM.