View Single Post

Old 09-09-2018, 12:28 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Keep in mind that a pork roll/egg/cheese sandwich in NJ is its very own food group - with the addition of a tsp of mayo and slice of Jersey tomato! LOL

Here's a video that might help a novice" pork roll egg and cheese sandwich - Bing video

Hints: don't forget to put 3 or 4 small slits around the pork roll slice to prevent curling; the video shows the use of Pam cooking spray...not a fan...don't want to deflect from the flavor of pork roll in any way!; a hard roll is the primo bread for this sandwich and toasting it is optional - toasted white bread will always work when one does not have hard rolls in the house; and a condiment is also an option - mayo or ketchup as personally preferred' consider breaking the yolk after turning the egg when cooking - much less messy when lifting the sandwich and biting into it -just don't cook it to a really solid state!

I prefer the thin sliced pkg when cooking indoors and the thicker sliced pkg when grilling outside to use pork roll on a burger [along with that Jersey tomato ]! YUM!