View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Kennedy View Post
Moved to Fenney August 10, 2018. Just discovered we are a short walk (2-3 miles as the crow flies, with no natural barriers) from a Federal Penitentiary housing 7000+ inmates!! Why in the world are the Morses building so close to a long established penitentiary?? These are typically great distances outside neighborhoods. This is insane and the stigma alone should impact values in a huge way. Shame on you developers for not notifying us of this.
Actually when you look at new property purchased by the developer, they will be closer than you. Since you didn’t notice the yard lights, or the sirens from the prison that some who don’t live there have said will plague Fenney, I am guessing all is well. Most prisons are near neighborhoods in all states. When we visited in 07 we knew the facility was there, I did my research before we bought in 2010.

Along with the fences, and the woods, if there could be a break, they are not going to run to Fenney.
Just a few facts, many of those that bought in Fenney moved from different villages in TV. They knew the prison was there, and still moved.

It’s quiet and very calming in your area, we are still thinking Moving that way.
Our oldest is going to be buying when in the new area, he likes less hustle and bustle. Enjoy your new home