View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM

I've said this in other posts, but will say it again - I can't speak for everyone and of course this area is fairly large, so it may depend on what part you are in. I have been here several months, I work from home so I am in my house probably a lot more day and night than the average villager is home. As far as the prison goes, I have yet to see any lights, hear any sirens, or hear PA announcements coming from there. In other words, I experience nothing (visually or audibly) that reminds me that it's even there. I agree with the statement above - if someone escapes, they are likely wanting to get further away than Fenney, but even if they came here, what are the odds they are coming to my house. And as a staunch 2nd amendment supporter and the owner of 2 alert dogs, God help them if they do choose my door or window. As for the quarry, no explosions are heard. You feel the ground shake/vibrate for less than a second and it's over. And though they are permitted to blast 5 times a month, I have felt it twice in almost 5 months. It doesn't knock things out of place or leave any traces that it ever happened and it only happens in the daytime. At my previous home, I lived about a half mile from a train track that hauled freshly produced steel plates (heavy!) from a mill almost daily. Sometimes it would be during the day, sometimes it was at night. It was a long slow train and when it would pass, we could feel the vibrations from it and hear it meandering down the tracks. I'll take a half second shake once every couple months over that train any day.