View Single Post

Old 09-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Kennedy View Post
Moved to Fenney August 10, 2018. Just discovered we are a short walk (2-3 miles as the crow flies, with no natural barriers) from a Federal Penitentiary housing 7000+ inmates!! Why in the world are the Morses building so close to a long established penitentiary?? These are typically great distances outside neighborhoods. This is insane and the stigma alone should impact values in a huge way. Shame on you developers for not notifying us of this.
Why would anybody who really felt duped like described above try their case on TOTV'S. Have we learned from past practice that the first post from a person that comes out blasting on any issue is usually a DUD. This is a place to share your thoughts but maybe you should lawyer up?????

If this is, in fact, true that you were not notified about the Prison then rest assured that it is NOTHING to be concerned about. I am not aware of any legality that specifically requires a realtor to warn about such a thing.

I worked in a Quarry in N.J. that was in the middle of the woods in Millington N.J. It was a very productive place producing all sizes of stone in order to build Highway's, Buildings, Foundation and Million Dollar Homes after 20 years in the woods blasting and operating nicely once the big league homes went in the problems started just like the Quarry near Fenney. Yet the McMansions needed the stone and concrete that the Quarry made possible with their product. Can't have it both ways.

Cut the Fenney Bashing Out. It is wrong to degrade the people who worked their entire life and then read something negative about the place they chose to enjoy their retirement. The Fenney area may not be for everyone but it is Beautiful and I'm sorry for a report like this from someone who didn't do the homework properly.

Last edited by Nucky; 09-17-2018 at 05:20 PM.