View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Fenney is lovely and quietly located, and seems to be pretty popular.

To the person who started this thread:

I bet you will be just fine in Fenney.

I have not been to Fenney since they began the building but when I saw it, I could imagine the potential for a real neighborhood feel, at a nice pace.

May I also say that I am sorry you came under attack for questioning. That happens around here sometimes. The implication of conspiracy theories or jealousy gets trotted out, along with the mocking thrown in, if a poster dares to question the developer on any matter whatsoever.

I have no need to wax sycophantic or to dance in a conga line around the developer. Not that the developer is bad, but this place is a business, and all that entails. But for some reason, people can get a little defensive and seem to take any questioning personally.

We chose TV because it was a place with momentum and things were already in place. We knew that if we decided to sell, at some point, it would be easy enough to do. I see owning a house here like owning stock in a corporation. “The Lifestyle” is like a dividend on the stock. If we see the dividend as cut or decreased, that could be the time to sell. So far, so good.

As an investment, a house in TV feels liquid to us and that is what we wanted in a retirement community. There are other retirement communities that can feel like they are teetering. I do not think TV is teetering and I find that thought freeing.

And as weird as the “governing” of this place is, with something this big, it has to be run corporate style. Otherwise, we would get individuals with small picture agendas and/or a big need to try to control everything — and things would, or could, get ugly as do so many HOAs.

Another thing about questioning — you will also find there are those who bash the POA because that organization has to sometimes work through some issues for the developer to help solve. The POA provides the checks and balances. I happen to like checks and balances. The POA website is poa4us.org where you can find their newsletters. The old ones are archived there. The POA has been around forever. But there are some who think it should go away because the POA sometimes must dare to question the developer. But there are problems that have been solved that way. Actually, it can be a working together to solve issues — like the one with the roof shingles a few years ago.

To make a long story longer — please do not feel like The Lone Ranger when your questions are shown disrespect. The trying to put you “in your place” is predictable. Don’t take it personally. It goes with the territory.

(BUT, then people wonder why regular posts are fewer and fewer around here and we are sometimes left awash in a sea of mostly classifieds.)

Anyway, welcome, OP, and I am serious when I say I think you will be fine in Fenney. I think the slower pace is gaining more appeal, as the mainland gets more and more crowded. Fenney could be seen as a little retreat. Enjoy it!

Sincerely,
Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-18-2018 at 10:37 AM.