View Single Post

Old 09-18-2018, 11:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is not a thing wrong with Fenney. Within a couple of years it will be connected to the rest of The Villages. I do not get taken in when someone posts a negative something about a NEW village. Brownwood was waaaaaaay too far, no one would ever go there. Fernandina smelled bad. Our village when it was new was RIGHT ON 466! Who would want to live with the dirt and traffic noise? There will not be golf courses and pools built to keep up in the new area. I wouldn't want to live there. And on and on. This place is not only a good investment, but it is HOME to most of us and we do feel defensive when it is criticized. It is our group, our place, our choice and real people live in all of those areas and they are happy long after the areas stopped being new.

People who buy in The Villages are not entering the housing market new and naïve. Most of us have accrued a lot of knowledge about real estate over time and for most of us, our home is our largest investment. I find it odd to have a first time poster complain that they were hoodwinked by the developer. It makes me skeptical.

It also makes me angry that anyone would try to devalue another's choice of village. Everyone I know thinks they live in the very best place in The Villages. There are real people who have chosen to live in Fenney. They are proud of their choice as they should be. I am proud of our choice. I like Florida in the winter more than Michigan in the winter. I like bean soup better than Hummus. I like the VHA better than the POA. I like the R...……… Really nice things that we have in The Villages.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-18-2018 at 11:19 AM.