Thread: Hot, hot, hot!
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Florida has surpassed NY as the third most populace state because of the heat, errrrrrr................snow.

I will admit it gets hot during the summer months in FL but it's a lot better than dealing with the snow. Just remember, it's only temporary for NY'ers.

I remember a couple of times when temps in NY reached 100 with 100% humidity. It was unbearable before A/C's came into existence.Thank goodness for A/C.

I no longer say four letter words, like snow and work!
You are right about the unbearable humidity up here in the mid-atlantic. A co-worker of mine has never had central air but has decided this year to have it installed. Like he said, he can stand the heat, it's the humidity up here that has gotten to him.

I spent 2 weeks this past July in TV and a few years back the whole month of August. I thought the weather was quite comfortable compared to the oppressive humidity up this way that can go on for weeks on end. It is in the low 70's up here today. My A/C has been set on 78 all day and it keeps going on and off. I would love to open my windows since it's technically cooler outside but I know letting in all that humidity will make me say "UGH" later.