View Single Post

Old 09-23-2018, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Just like another negative title the current one was bugging me. So I started this thread.

Our brand new home in Hadley purchased ten years ago had a very short list of repairs. Some caulking was missing. The stopper to the sink was missing. The pole light wasn't working. The sliders were not sliding easily. There may have been more when we did the initial walk through with the builder at closing. Within minutes.....there was a slew of trucks who arrived and began fixing all of the things on the list.

At one year we DIDN'T have an inspector, but most do and I think it is a very good idea. We submitted the few things we had to warranty and they were fixed, although the slider never slid as easily as my neighbors.

There had been debris in the water lines going into the refrigerator which they came out and fixed during the year and some trouble flushing the toilets, more debris. We didn't find pop cans and plastic in the foundation plantings like we had in new homes up north, but it is sand and not so easy to hide things.

I will come back later and tell you about the house that we now live in that just turned eight years old, because our agent, Jim McLaughlin just sent us a birthday card for our house.
This is getting to be like the mainstream media. Same topic, title aimed to fit an agenda.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!