View Single Post

Old 09-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Default Hacienda

We went to Hacienda CC this week to check out the new decor. We agree that since World of Beer took over, it hasn't been very good. The new decor was very sterile and not interesting at all. The service wasn't the best but our food was fine. The women's bathroom was very questionable. There were brown smudges around the stool of who knows what??? There were no paper towels so someone had placed a roll of toilet tissue on top of the towel dispenser with which to dry your hands. I mentioned it to the hostess but felt bad because everyone, including the manager, were very busy and obviously trying so hard.
I must say that I used to love going there because I felt like I was stepping back in time to a 1950s or 1960s Havana/Miami type country club. I loved looking out at the pool...again it felt like I was in a 1950s movie...and I loved it. It was a lot of fun. Now it is sterile and nothing special. We've been there quite a lot in the past but we will not be returning and I miss the vibe of the old Hacienda.