Thread: Facebook
View Single Post

Old 09-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Every day I can see the kids I taught, old friends now scattered all over the continent, kids from my high school who meet monthly back home. Old neighbors and mostly our family who are everywhere. If you are careful you are safe.

Every day I am bolstered by friends, made to laugh and see what other people are thinking. I try not to post anything political but I read others views. I have to say that those who I have known for forty or fifty years have the same outlook on things as we do. It is so much fun to see old friends grandchildren achieve amazing things, but no surprise, hard work and integrity are passed from generation to generation.
I can keep up with people I knew in the 1970s in Reno, Nevada; 1980s in Denver and Minneapolis; 1990s in Rohnert Park and other places in CA; 2000 in Palm Harbor , FL and elsewhere. And I can chat with celebrities in many fields. All on Facebook.

I delete friends as soon as I see something off about them but do expose myself to some risk.

I have several women friends who never use Facebook as far I know or use it very rarely.