View Single Post

Old 10-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
It will cover other faiths as well from what I have read.

I had a friend while in Graduate School in Librarianship at the University of Denver in 1983-1984. He was a cataloger at the University of Mosul in Iraq. Here in the US to get advanced training. Learned a lot about this Muslim religion for him but he soon became very anti-American after returning to Mosul and was caught up in the emotions of various wars over there. Mainly he was drawn into the horrors of the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s. Terrible what happened to the library and many of its books and/or other holdings. It was pillaged by ISIS even though it sounded like some of the librarians tried to rescue some of the books in that collection.

I do hope that they cover the Muslim religion with a view to its complexity. Each Muslim I met at the U of Denver was different as they were from different countries for the most part and also from different economic backgrounds.

Then (to me at least) the 1st show was just a hook. I probably won't watch it long-term. Too many reasons to go into here.