View Single Post

Old 10-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Wife was on Tramadol(Ultram for 8 yrs). Severe osteoarthritis , scoliosis, other spine problems .Could not renew prescription after 7/1/18. GP referred her to Dr Pannimaneni (offices in TV and Leesburg) He reviewed her case and immediately renewed her prescription . Now she must return for review each 3 months. Hope this helps!!
I had my prescription renewed after July 1. I believe that some new law was passed since then. I'm wondering if your wife's prescription will be renewed next time around.

I'm going to see Dr Pannimaneni next week.

I'm skeptical and cynical about things like this, especially when the government is involved. I wonder how much pressure has been put on our representatives by lobby's representing, pain management clinics, the medical marijuana industry and/or insurance companies.

My Tramadol was being paid for 100% by my insurance. My primary care visits are also paid for 100%. I have to wonder if insurance companies are tired of paying for these drugs and want to force people into paying for their treatments and medications out of their pockets. I assume that there will be a co-pay for pain management. I know that hardly any insurance covers medical marijuana and I don't know about any other medications that pain management might prescribe.

I wonder if this whole opioid crisis is made up or at least embellished by agencies who will benefit by denying these medications to people.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.