View Single Post

Old 10-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Talk about bang for the buck, I had this printer for several years until it needed a drum. The thing is am I'm starting to think its impossible to find, a two-sided printer with the original being flipped in the document feeder. If its out there I've had no luck finding it but thanks for the effort, much appreciated.
The HP 5255 AIO is inexpensive, has a two-side print, plus fax, scan, and photocopy.

It's wifi and Instant Ink compatible. You can check hp's Instant Ink website for details. I have it, saves a fortune in ink costs without sacrificing genuine HP ink.

The math:

The printer itself costs $60.

The ink, at 100 pages per month for one year (no contract. Just cancel if you don't want it anymore, the ink in your printer stops working and you can buy your own at Staples or wherever else) is $60 (rounded up). If you only want to do the 50 page per month plan, that's $36/year for ink.

Instant Ink program measures how many pages you print, no matter how much or little ink is on that page. So if you're a photographer and use high gloss photo paper with full color photo printing, it's still as low as $36 per YEAR for the ink, if you use the Instant Ink program.

However - if you are a photographer I'd recommend an HP Envy PhotoJet printer rather than an Inkjet printer, because it's designed specifically for high quality photo printing. The HP 7855 is Instant Ink compatible, has all the features of the 5255 including automatic duplex printing, but the ink is delivered in tinier microscopic bursts which allows for more precise placement. The HP Envy Photojet 7855 costs around $150.