Thread: Silver lake
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Par 3's do not have fairways. Only par 4's. Your tee shot should land on the green.
The second hole at Silver Lake is a par 4. That entire fairway needed to be dug up and redone. Hopefully, they've done that and that's why the grass is a bit long now. That hole should also be redesigned.

A lot of money was spent at that course building a putting green in the wrong place, building cart paths and resodding the areas along the sides of the cart paths. The money should have been put toward rebuilding the second hole and building a new tee on number eight.

The course does have the best green of all of the executive courses that I've played I'll give it that. And does have a pretty good variety of shots. I would lengthen #4 to add another club that's needed to be hit, but the rest of it is OK.

Also, it would be really great if they thought about adding some bunkers.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.

Last edited by Dr Winston O Boogie jr; 10-13-2018 at 07:59 AM.