View Single Post

Old 10-16-2018, 08:31 AM

All of the gas carts running around here are surely a better alternative to the cars that would be used if carts weren't allowed, so tree-huggers should be happy about that. I've never seen a cart that can be fully charged in 3 hours or even close to that. I suppose it's possible, but I haven't seen one. Over the long term, it's not good for batteries to partially charge them and then drain them down again on a regular basis, so doing that only means you'll be buying new batteries again sooner. It's also not good on cart batteries to regularly drain them too deeply before charging back up. Most of the carts and battery systems used in them were never designed for the distances and use here in TV. And contrary to the statement previously made, it's actually not that difficult at all to rig an electric cart to go faster. And, from a standing start, they are already much faster than gas carts leaving a lot less room for error if you hit the pedal in a dicey situation. All that said, I'm not bashing electric carts, just pointing out there are pros and cons to either option and it's always best to not just make up facts to support your particular view.